- All people, no matter what their weight, deserve equal treatment in the job market and on the job.
- All people, no matter what their weight, deserve competent and respectful treatment by health care professionals.
- Prejudice based on weight is no different from, and no better than, prejudice based on skin color, gender, religion, disability, or sexual orientation.
- The media's portrayal of fat people is often inappropriately negative, and that the media promotes people's fear of fat and obsession with thinness.
- Weight diversity is a positive goal. Our dream is a world in which a person's life, health, well-being, and happiness is unrelated to that person's weight.
- Happy, attractive, capable people come in all shapes and sizes.
- Each of us has the responsibility to stand up for ourselves and for people around us who may suffer weight discrimination.
- Sizism and weight bigotry will end when people of all sizes refuse to allow it to continue.
I hope you'll join me in taking steps to end discrimination based on size and weight.